Chad Richardt was selected by his Edmunds Central colleagues as the 2022 District Teacher of the Year.
Regional and State Teacher of the Year qualities:
- Have a superior ability to inspire students of ALL backgrounds and abilities to learn;
- Be an exceptionally skilled and dedicated classroom teacher;
- Have the respect and admiration of students, parents, and colleagues;
- Play an active and useful role in the community as well as in the school; and
- Be poised, articulate, and have the energy to withstand the demanding schedule that would accompany selection as the South Dakota Teacher of the Year.
District Teacher of the Year becomes a nominee for the Regional Teacher of the Year Award. If the District TOY is selected as the Regional TOY, he will become a nominee for the South Dakota TOY. If chosen as the South Dakota TOY, Mr. Richardt then becomes a candidate for the National TOY.
Mr. Richardt possess ALL of these traits!
Congratulations Mr. Richardt!